Frequently Asked Questions
- Will my fabric be sent as one piece?
- Yes, we always send fabric in one piece. If we cannot do this, we will contact you before posting to check with you.
- Swatch Service
- In some cases we can supply a small swatch of material to ensure it goes with your project. There is a small fee to cover this – please contact us for more details.
- What is a fat quarter?
- To get a fat quarter we cut half a metre of fabric off the bolt (vertically). We then cut this again across the middle (horizontally). Unless otherwise stated our fabrics are 110cm wide, and our fat quarters are metric, so measure a minumum of 50 x 55cm.
- Quilty Pleasures Tips for getting the most out of your fabric…
- With so much choice out there, it can be hard to decide what fabric to buy to make a quilt. We advise you to start with a fabric that you love, with your heart and your head, and then work the rest of your palette from that. There are no mistakes when buying fabric, only extras for your stash! We only sell fabric from manufacturers with a reputation for quality; however we do advise pre-washing fabrics before using them.
- Do you have all your stock for sale on the website?
- No, this is just a selection of what we sell. If there is something in particular you are looking for contact us as we may well have it in stock for you, or be able to order it in. If you require a larger quantity of fabric than is on sale in the online store let us know as we may have more in stock.
- What are your postage and packing charges?
- We have a flat fee of £2 per parcel, sent second class. Orders over £25 are sent free via second class mail to addresses in the UK.
- Do you post internationally?
- Sorry, we do not at the moment.
- When will I receive my item?
- We aim to post your item out as soon as possible. If you need something urgently contact us and we will let you know when it is sent. If you need something the next day we can send items Special Delivery at an additional cost.
- What is your returns policy?
- We hope you will be delighted with your purchase, however if you wish to return an item please contact us within 7 days of receiving your purchase. For a full refund goods must be returned in their original packaging, unused. We advise that you send the package via special delivery. We regret we cannot refund cut fabrics and trimmings. This policy does not affect your rights if we are at fault. Buyers are protected by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000.
- How do you use my personal information?
- We take our customers privacy very seriously and do not pass customer details onto a third party. When a third party is used to process the order, they will not pass on these details to anyone else. Details are only used to process orders.
- Do you sell wholesale or give bulk discounts?
- We can discount if you are buying a product in bulk. Please contact us.
- Do you visit patchwork groups and sewing events?
- We love to come to other venues!